Frequently Asked Questions
These differ between universities. Most courses require you to satisfy the three criteria: ATAR, UCAT and Interviews. We encourage all students to contact the admissions officer of each course they are interested in to find out the specific entry requirements.
For a general overview of which universities require an interview, please see the resources on our university admssions page.
Note that all MedEntry packages include a comprehensive University Admissions Guide, with valuable information about the admissions process.
No! This is a myth. People who have done well in the UCAT and interviews have got into medicine with ATAR scores of 90 or lower!
You can find out more about each individual university's admissions process by visiting our university admissions page or visiting their website.
- Monash University Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- University of New South Wales Faculty of Medicine
- University of Newcastle Faculty of Health and Medicine
- University of Western Sydney Faculty of Health
- University of Queensland Faculty of Medicine
- Griffith University School of Medical Science
- James Cook University College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Bond University Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine
- University of Adelaide Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- University of Western Australia Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- University of Tasmania School of Medicine
- University of Auckland Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
- University of Otago Division of Health Sciences
- University of Melbourne - Melbourne Medical School
- Deakin University School of Medicine
- University of Sydney - Sydney Medical School
- University of Wollongong School of Medicine
- Griffith University School of Medicine
- Flinders University School of Medicine
- Australian National University Medical School
- Curtin University Medical School
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Sturt University
For guidance on how to write an application, login to your account, launch the Online Platform and from the side, click on University Admissions. Then read the Written Application Guide for help in writing your application.
To have your application reviewed, click on My Purchases and then Extra Purchase Options. Select Application Review Service (note: there is one for UNSW and one for JCU/other) and purchase. Once you have paid for this service, login and upload your application (in Microsoft Word format) by clicking on 'My Purchases' and then Application Review.
- Each Application Review Service is valid for one application.
- Please ensure that you allow at least three working days to process your application.
- Applications must be submitted in Microsoft Word format. If they are submitted in any other format, it will be difficult to provide feedback.
Once your application is reviewed, it will be emailed back to you with feedback recorded using the 'Track Changes' feature of Microsoft Word.