Central Queensland University
Bachelor of Medical Science (Pathway to Medicine at UQ)
Provisional Entry for School Leavers
Provisional entry for current school leavers provides a direct pathway to the MD, guaranteeing you a place in the rural medical program at the University of Queensland clinical school in either Bundaberg or Rockhampton, conditional on your meeting the following minimum entry requirements and successful completion of the Bachelor of Medical Science.
- Subject prerequisites:
- English (Units 3 & 4, C) or equivalent
- Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C) or equivalent
- and One of Biology, Chemistry, Physics (Units 3 & 4, C) or equivalent
- An adjusted ATAR 95.00 or equivalent.
- Competitive overall UCAT score.
- Multiple-Mini Interview
Provisional entry students are required to complete their first bachelor degree at CQUni within the minimum time specified and achieve a minimum overall grade point average of 5 on a 7-point scale.
Provisional entry for school leavers is only available to students completing Year 12 (or equivalent) at the time of application.
CQUni offers 20 Commonwealth supported places (CSP) at each campus (Rockhampton and Bundaberg) in the Bachelor of Medical Science pathway for entry to MD for school leavers.
Applicants are ranked by their aggregate cognitive UCAT subtest score.
The minimum required score aggregate depends on the performance of applicants and available places in the MD program. This varies each year and cannot be determined in advance.
The MMIs involve a circuit of interview stations. At each interview station, shortlisted applicants will respond to a scenario with a number of questions.
Applicants will move from one station to the next, with short breaks between each station. While there will be multiple applicants attending the MMIs, each applicant is interviewed on a one-on-one basis at each station.
CQUni MMIs will take place online.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Admission Pathway
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders may elect to apply via a separate pathway. This admission pathway requires students to complete year 12 (must be the first attempt in the year of application) and progress through a number of steps:
- QTAC Application - Applicants will need to complete a QTAC application and supply their resume, a personal statement and confirmation of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander status. Applicants will also need to provide a copy of your Year 11 results.
- Semi-Structured Interview - Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a semi-structured interview with CQUni’s Office of Indigenous Engagement (OIE) team where you will discuss your application in more detail.
- Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIS) - Eligible applicants will be invited to progress to the next stage of the selection process and participate in the MMIs. MMIs are designed to provide applicants with opportunities to demonstrate skills and qualities such as verbal communication, adaptability, and empathy. Applicants will complete eight mini interviews which will take place in Rockhampton and Bundaberg.